- The Generators started in 1999. This
4-piece band originates from the southern part of The Netherlands.
- The Generators are:
- Peter "Crazy Pete" de Wijse - Guitar
- Richard "Big Rich" van den Elzen - Blues harp, Vocals
- Arno "Moonshine" Vervest - Double Bass
- Peter "Big Bottom" van Geel - Drums
- The Generators play Straight Blues and get their inspiration from old sources, mainly from the forties and fifties.
- The Generators play a hot mix of mainly West Coast Swing, Boogie and Chicago
Blues as well as Traditional Rhythm & Blues and Rock 'n Roll.
play their own music, but the
repertoire includes material from T-bone Walker, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Roy Brown, Johnny Otis and others. You can clearly recognize
the influence of the old masters.
The "raw and unpolished" sounds from the first period of the electrified blues as well as the
"smooth and dynamic" playing from later periods is explicitly present.
Big Rich's harp playing sounds raw and rootsy, hard driving but always with a kind of subtlety.
Big Rich is known for his earthy, reverberating tone and his fondness for vintage
songs. Together with the 'smooth and
rich', sometimes furious and exiting guitar playing of
put together a fascinating and energetic show.
Fueled by the infectious, swinging and shuffling rhythm section double bass and drums, a show of
Generators is an electric package,
hard driving and danceable, exiting experience.
- The Generators play as if their lives depend on
it and are always delivering a spark!